Nachos seem ideally suited for any occasion starting from a lazy weeknight dinner, weekend party appetizer to a late-night pub grub. But when served at a campground, this beloved fun communal dish becomes more irresistible with the thrill of being outdoor and the smoky warmth of a campfire.
It is a wrong idea that this cheesy crunchy delight can’t be made right outdoors due to the lack of a conventional oven or other kitchen tools. For coming together as a campfire staple, you would only need a few ingredients and an easy method.
• Cast iron Dutch oven / cast iron skillet (for smaller portion) • A lid / a large plate / a sheet of aluminum foil to cover
Ingredients (2 servings as dinner / 4 servings as an appetizer)
• Tortilla chips, ½ lb • El Pato hot tomato sauce, or similar sauce, 1 can (7.75 oz) • Shredded Mexican cheese blend / A mix of Sharp Cheddar, Colby, and Monterey Jack blend, 1 cup • 1 tablespoon neutral-flavored oil • 4-5 green onions, sliced • 1 large avocado, cubed • Drained black beans, 1 can (14.5 oz) • 1 small lime, cut into wedges • Few sprigs of fresh cilantro, finely chopped
• Make sure to prevent the nachos from sticking. Oil the bottom of the Dutch oven or the skillet lightly with a brush or kitchen tissue. • The one secret technique to build perfect nachos is ‘layering’. To build the first layer, spread ⅓ portions of the chips evenly into the oven or skillet, then pour ¼ portions of the canned El Pato, ¼ cup cheese, ¼ canned black beans, and a few pieces of avocado. Sprinkle some finely chopped green onions and cilantro on the top. Repeat the same for a number of layers as per your wish.
• Adjust your campfire and place a metal grill over it. Then cover the Dutch oven or skillet properly and place it on the grill. Give it time about 10 minutes to melt the cheese. You can place coals or embers on top of the lid for better and quicker cooking. Serve immediately with lime wedges on the side.
• If you want to add meat, make sure to sauté them first until cooked thoroughly, before building your layers of nachos.
Now, customize your toppings, go lazy or crazy with layers, and share and enjoy your labor of love with a cold beer and a warm campfire.
If you’re the kind of person who loves to go camping with their family — or even on your own, or for a romantic getaway with your significant other — you may already have a tent to your name. We have one question for you, though. Does your’s come complete with its very own built-in mattress and pillow? No, we thought not.
A Saturated Market
You don’t have to search too far to come across high-quality camping gear. A simple internet search will allow you to come across thousands of different tent makes and models, and sometimes it can seem impossible to decide what type of tent you need. If you’re one who always goes for comfort over style, then you can thank us later for bringing the most comfortable tent of all time into your life.
Comfort Is Key
This tent is all about comfort, and that’s clear to see from the fact that it comes with its own built-in mattress and pillow, which means that you don’t have to worry about sleeping on the hard ground. As if that wasn’t enough, this tent is also raised off the ground, meaning that you can steer clear of any creepy crawlies — or something much larger. While it’s only large enough for one person at a time, or two if you want to cuddle through the night, it’s such a good price that you could buy one for each member of your family.
Making the Most of It
Whether you use this tent in the woods or whether you just decide to have a backyard cookout with your family, there’s no doubt about the fact that it’s one of the best tents on the market for those who want to experience the outdoors without getting too close to nature.
So, why not add this tent to your camping collection?