- ½ cup finely chopped parsley
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup canola or peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 peeled, pitted, and cut into 1″ cubes mangoes
- 2 pitted ripe avocados (peeled and also cut into 1″ cubes)
- 1 stemmed, seeded, and minced jalapeño
- 1 small peeled and cut navel orange
- salt and black pepper (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons shredded coconut (optional)
Depending on the servings you need to prepare as well as on your preference, you can always increase or decrease the amount of ingredients you add. Feel free to add something of your own to make things extra fun, like shrimp or onions. Experiment away!
Making the Senegalese Salad Garnished With Rof
Prepare the rof. In a large bowl, whisk together the jalapeño, parsley, salt, pepper, oil, and citrus juices together.
Once the rof dressing is ready, add the chopped avocados and mangoes and toss them gently until they are well coated in the dressing. Cover the bowl and let it sit in the refrigerator for an hour.
Take out of the refrigerator and transfer the salad to a serving bowl. Arrange it with orange slices on top. Sprinkle the remaining parsley and the coconut flakes (if you’re using them) and serve chilled. Enjoy!
If you’re watching your calorie intake, here are the nutrition values in this salad:
- Calories: 211kcal
- Protein: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fat: 15g
- Fiber: 2g
- Potassium: 284mg
- Sodium: 13mg
- Calcium: 34mg
- Vitamin C: 75mg
- Vitamin A: 1661IU
- Iron: 1mg