Isn’t winter the best time to have a cozy vacation with your family? If you want some peace and quiet this winter season and also want to spend your holiday with your family, here is an ultimate list of six winter resorts your family will love to visit.
Nemacolin is located in beautiful Pennsylvania, just outside of Pittsburgh. It offers great facilities for those who love outdoor winter activities, including skiing, snowboarding, and snowmobiling trails all over the mountain. The resort also has a campground with 40 cabins that can be rented for overnight stays, as well as a conference center that’s perfect for meetings and conferences.
Mirror Lake Inn Resort & Spa
Mirror Lake Inn Resort and Spa is a small, family-friendly ski resort located on Mirror Lake, a small alpine lake in the Adirondack Mountains, and offers skiing, snowboarding, and cross-country skiing during the winter months. The resort has several activities for guests to enjoy during their stay. They have a cute library and a hot tub to boot.
The Breakers Palm Beach
Located in Palm Beach, The Breakers Palm Beach is one of the best resorts in Southwest Florida. This hotel is located on a beautiful stretch of coastal property that features both ocean views and an expansive pool area for adults and kids. It’s a great place for families who want to relax by the beach. They have famous water sports like kayaking and paddleboarding.
Vista Verde Ranch
Check out the Vista Verde Ranch near Steamboat Springs if snowy getaways with hot cocoa, a cozy fireplace, and hot tubs are something you like. Although you can’t experience horseback riding on the mountain trails during the colder months, you can definitely check out the snow tubing and ice fishing on a frozen lake, the snowmobiling tours, and the biking.
Sand Valley has a history dating back over 100 years as a summer resort, but it was not until 2003 that they opened up their first ski area. Sand Valley Resort in central Wisconsin has 12,000 acres of land and offers a variety of winter activities for your family. They have something for everyone, from snowshoeing, to sledding, to tubing, to cross-country skiing.
At Shore Lodge, in Idaho’s mountain town base, hot tubs and an outdoor pool with snow all around are waiting for your family’s visit. From a walk around the town to snowshoeing across the lake, a stay at the lodge has a lot of fun activities to offer. You can also enjoy the ice sculptures at the winter carnival in the town.
Chicken can really bring a smile to the faces of your family, with its easy availability and unlimited variations in preparation. Thanks to the ‘Plan Togo’ program, various chicken recipes are plentiful in Africa’s Togo region. But Grilled Togo Chicken is probably the simplest, most straightforward, and easy-to-make recipe to enjoy a full tasty meal.
While the grilled chicken can be made using any kind of fat, but for this special type of grilled chicken, using red palm oil is the trick of the trade. This unique vibrant oil gives the authentic dish its characteristic West African flavor.
Ingredients (For 10 pieces)
• Chicken legs or any chicken cuts of liking, 10 pieces • Onion cut in thick rings, 1 medium size • Grated ginger root, 2 Tbsp • Crushed garlic, 8 cloves • Red palm oil, 2 Tbsp • Salt, as per taste • Black pepper and/or cayenne, as per liking
• First, prepare a rub mixing all ingredients apart from the onion. Then rub the marinade over the chicken pieces and toss with the onions too. This way the onions also will get the flavor of the marinade.
• The easiest way to combine everything is to put all ingredients in a gallon ziplock baggie and then mix them all together. If needed, make gashes with a knife on the pieces beforehand.
• Keep it to sit for at least 30 minutes, but keeping overnight is best for allowing the flavors to be soaked up fully.
• Finally, grill the chicken pieces over medium heat (about 450 F) or roast them in the oven until done. Don’t forget to turn the pieces halfway. The legs should take about a total of 30 minutes on the grill, with an internal temperature of 190 F. For breast pieces, you should aim for an internal temperature of 165 F.
• Grill the onion rings carefully towards the end to prevent them from burning.
• Go authentic and serve the delicious chicken pieces piping hot with Djenkoume (cornmeal cakes) with grilled onion rings and sliced tomatoes on the side.